Leading and Teaching…
|Auckland||Saturday 19th February||(101)|
|Hamilton||Monday 21st February||(102)|
|New Plymouth||Wednesday 23rd February||(103)|
|Palmerston North||Thursday 24th February||(104)|
|Wellington||Saturday 26th February||(105)|
|Napier||Tuesday 1st March||(106)|
|Tauranga||Thursday 3rd March||(107)|
Teacher leadership happens every day, with children, colleagues and management.
Why do we feel that we need to apply the word leader to only certain teachers? One reason is that most of us think of a leader as someone who takes on additional roles. The perception that “regular” teachers are not leaders is reinforced by historical patterns of management.
Yet effective teaching is leadership. Leadership in centres means holding fast to the vision within the learning community and taking actions, small and large, to create real opportunities, improvements and growth for children, families, colleagues, and community members.
In this workshop, every teacher will be encouraged and inspired to grow their leadership skills.
Participants will explore:
- The five practices of exemplary leaders
- Assessment of current leadership qualities
- Character strengths and virtues
- The educational leadership capabilities
- the connection between the learning zone to the performance zone
- the three components to becoming a ‘gifted leader’
Our Terms & Conditions…
- Each workshop costs: the amount specified +GST
- Forward Professional Development reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there is an insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Forward Professional Development may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors. We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.