Literacy in Early Childhood Education…
|Auckland||Saturday 13th August||(301)|
|Hamilton||Monday 15th August||(302)|
|New Plymouth||Wednesday 16th August||(303)|
|Palmerston North||Thursday 18th August||(304)|
|Wellington||Saturday 20th August||(305)|
|Napier||Tuesday 23rd August||(306)|
|Tauranga||Thursday 25th August||(307)|
We deliver a practical and visual literacy workshop placing maths concepts and early literacy skills into familiar contexts that young children can relate to. The workshop highlights the importance of laying a strong foundation of listening, talking, reading, and writing. Teachers will come away with loads of activity ideas to improve childrens sound discrimination, attention span, auditory memory, vocabulary, expressive language, awareness of print, alphabet knowledge, and mark-making a course not to be missed.
Participants will explore:
- What emergent, early literacy looks like, sounds like, feels like
- Concepts about print and the value of sharing books
- The importance of daily oral language and language experiences to develop our children’s speaking, listening and questioning skills
- Developing and building on the foundation skills; memory, visual, auditory, fine and gross motor skills where literacy and maths activities align
- Sharing ideas around different literacy and maths approaches
- Maths and literacy activities and games
- Visual resources, props, equipment and tools
- The joy of using a programme such as “Jolly Phonics” within an ECE setting.
Our Terms & Conditions…
- Each workshop costs: the amount specified +GST
- Forward Professional Development reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there is an insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Forward Professional Development may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors. We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact email@example.com now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.