Special Character Centres…
|Auckland||Saturday 7th May||(201)|
|Hamilton||Monday 9th May||(202)|
|New Plymouth||Wednesday 11th May||(203)|
|Palmerston North||Thursday 12th May||(204)|
|Wellington||Saturday 14th May||(205)|
|Napier||Tuesday 17th May||(206)|
|Tauranga||Thursday 19th May||(207)|
Are you working within a ‘Special Character’ Early Childhood Education Centre? If so, this workshop is for you, as we learn more about what it means to be teaching within a Christian Centre.
The workshop will include what it means to teach from a Biblical viewpoint, how Te Ao (the Maori world) sits comfortably within the Christian Early Childhood setting, how values-based learning is for everyone and how to engage young children in a fun and holistic Christian programme.
Spiritual development is a key component of Te Whariki and as teachers, we have a responsibility to be well equipped in this vital aspect of human development.
“The Te Whariki curriculum framework provides a basis for each setting to weave a local curriculum that reflects its own distinct character and values.” Te Whariki, page 7.
“Human Development can be thought of in terms of cognitive (Hinengaro), physical (Timana), emotional (Whatumanawa), spiritual (Wairua) and social and cultural dimensions, but these dimensions need to be viewed holistically, as closely interwoven and interdependent. For Maori the spiritual dimension is fundamental to holistic development because it connects the other dimensions across time and space.” Te Whariki, page 19.
Te Whariki Well Being Strand / Mana Atua (page 26) says that children should understand their own Manaatuatanga – uniqueness and spiritual connectedness.
Completing this workshop will enable you to deepen your quality practice to meet the teaching standards.
Our Terms & Conditions…
- Each workshop costs: the amount specified +GST
- Forward Professional Development reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there is an insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Forward Professional Development may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors. We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.