Supporting Social And Moral Competence…
|Auckland||Saturday 7th May||(201)|
|Hamilton||Monday 9th May||(202)|
|New Plymouth||Wednesday 11th May||(203)|
|Palmerston North||Thursday 12th May||(204)|
|Wellington||Saturday 14th May||(205)|
|Napier||Tuesday 17th May||(206)|
|Tauranga||Thursday 19th May||(207)|
Social and moral competence enables children to interact with peers in a variety of ways and contexts and to maintain positive relationships with peers and adults, both of which are critical for future success. It is through positive relationships that children learn best.
We lay the foundation of values and move onto effective instructions. We learn skills to diagnose misbehaviour and add to our “toolkit” with strategies to improve children social & moral competence.
This workshop will include a range of practical and flexible strategies including understanding expectations around the six areas of respect, the importance of giving clear and achievable instructions, establishing consistent routines, developing care and empathy for others, building resilience, knowing the 3 things that undermine compliance and how to achieve ‘the power of once’.
Implementing these strategies will create a calm, peaceful, harmonious and relaxed environment which will enable children the space to continue to grow in their social and moral competence.
Our Terms & Conditions…
- Each workshop costs: the amount specified +GST
- Forward Professional Development reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there is an insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Forward Professional Development may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors. We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.